Friday, July 27, 2012

Crazy Week Update

   Sorry post have been a little sporadic lately.Things have been hectic lately.My son had a virus(for four days!),my internet connection was acting up(still is every now and then,ugh!),and trying get kids ready for school(taking a picky teen girl to try find school uniforms is not fun).Plus sneaking in a little reading time.Last week we had the Colorado Massacre.Such a tragedy,especially in Colorado.I mean with Columbine that happened there,they surely didn't need another shooting incident.Plus the fires that have plagued the near by area,that poor state needs some good news for a change.I lived in Colorado Springs/Ft.Carson area for year,which is not far from Aurora,Co.It is a beautiful area to visit but their tourism may suffer due to these negative circumstances,but I hope not.
  Another problem we encountered last week was an unethical attack against book bloggers,especially YA book bloggers by self-published author Carroll Bryant.He made many bloggers look bad and actually made some scared for their safety.The post he made on Goodreads,which has since been removed,was on the brink of falling into the bullying category;of course in my opinion it was bullying.More details on this indecent and how to protect yourself against such threats see herehttp://www.hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy.com/2012/07/protecting-yourself-from-internet.html
 Since this occurrence many bloggers have safeguarded themselves by opting out of reviewing Indie Authors.While I respect their decision,I can not follow it.I LOVE MY INDIE AUTHORS! They are some of the kindest and most interesting people I have met.I will however,be picky in my dealings with Indie Authors that I have not met yet or are unknown to my other Indie Author friends and blog friends.
  My recent finished reads are:The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Part I by Jennifer Malone Wright,Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead,Immortal Hearts by Ellen Schreiber and part of Trust~Book 2 of Believe (because it is only partly finished and given a peek to a small number of readers from the author).I will post more review when I catch up with the reviews I have promised my Indie Authors. I am currently reading Shadow Kisses(Vampire Academy Book 2) by Richelle Mead,Insurgent by Veronica Roth,The Sounding by Carrie Salo,and Crossroads by Mary Ting.And that is only the beginning of my TBR list I need to conquer before mid August.


 REMINDER:MY GIVEAWAY ENDS IN JUST A FEW DAYS,SO IF YOU HAVEN'T ENTERED PLEASE DO SO SOON.AND FEEL FREE TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TOO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment