Series- Daughters of Zeus Book #1
By- Kaitlin Bevis
There are worse things than death, worse people too.
The "talk" was bad enough, but how many teens get told that they're a goddess? When her mom tells her, Persephone is sure her mother has lost her mind. It isn't until Boreas, the god of winter, tries to abduct her that she realizes her mother was telling the truth. Hades rescues her, and in order to safely bring Persephone to the Underworld he marks her as his bride. But Boreas will stop at nothing to get Persephone. Despite her growing feelings for Hades, Persephone wants to return to the living realm. Persephone must find a way to defeat Boreas and reclaim her life.
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/persephone-kaitlin-bevis/1111973897?ean=2940014686051
Title- Daughter of the Earth and Sky
Series- Daughters of Zeus Book # 2
Some vows can never be broken.
Persephone thought she could go back to her normal life after returning from the Underworld. She was wrong.
The goddess Aphrodite is born among the waves with more charm than she can control. Zeus is stalking Persephone and her loved ones, and Thanatos is no longer content with Persephone's silence.
He wants her soul.
Persephone can't tell anyone about Thanatos' betrayal, and it drives a wedge between her and Hades. Her mother is still keeping secrets, and Melissa's jealousy of Aphrodite threatens to tear their friendship apart.
Alone, Persephone turns to a human boy for comfort. But will their relationship put him in danger?
Sacrifices must be made, and Persephone must choose between her human life and her responsibilities as a goddess. If she doesn't, she could lose them both.
But will either life be worth choosing once Zeus is through with her?
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/daughter-of-the-earth-and-sky-kaitlin-bevis/1114018019?ean=2940016124100
Title- The Iron Queen
Series- The Daughters of Zeus Book # 3
By- Kaitlin Bevis
Genre- YA Paranormal
Life is hell for Persephone. Zeus will stop at nothing to gain access to the living realm and the Underworld, and as the only living god with a right to both, Persephone’s in trouble. Captured and tortured beyond the limits of her resolve, Persephone must find the power to stand against Zeus. But will she be strong enough?
Meanwhile, Hades contemplates desperate measures to rescue his queen. Persephone never thought of herself as dangerous, but there’s a reason gods never marry for love. A being with the power to destroy all of creation shouldn’t place more value in one individual than the rest of the planet. But Hades...Hades would break the world for her.
To save the world and stop both Hades and Zeus, Persephone must make a difficult choice. One that may cost her everything.
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-iron-queen-kaitlin-bevis/1115360048?ean=2940016701929
10 favorite Greek Mythology Movies
So I had a kind of hard time thinking of Greek mythology movies. It's a very specific top ten list. Consequently, this list is not in any particular order. But all of the movies are worth watching :)
1) Hercules! The disney version. Obviously sarcastic Hades made an impression on me.
2) Clash of the Titans, the origional. It's a classic therefore it must be watched.
3) Percy Jackson movies. Not very loyal to the plot, but still entertaining to watch
4) Troy. That one was worth watching just for the eye candy if nothing else
5) My Fair Lady. It's based on the Pygmailion Myth. Love Audrey Hepburn
6) Beauty and the Beast. I'm not stretching here, it's the Persephone myth.
7) Hercules the TV show, yeah not a movie, but a huge influence on my childhood and Greek mythology related
8) Zena the TV show. Loved Ares. Strong female lead character. Great show all round.
9) I don't know the name of this one, but it's another Pygmalion myth. This little girl wants a mom for Christmas and a dummy in the mall comes to life. I saw it every Christmas growing up.
10) The Hunger Games. Not stretching here, there are a ton of elements from The Hunger Games that ties to Greco/Roman culture and mythology.
About the Author-
Kaitlin Bevis spent her childhood curled up with a book, and a pen. If the ending didn't agree with her, she rewrote it. She's always wanted to be a writer, and spent high school and college learning everything she could so that one day she could achieve that goal. She graduated college with my BFA in English with a concentration in Creative Writing, and is pursuing her masters at the University of Georgia.
Her young adult series "Daughters of Zeus" is available wherever ebooks are sold. She also writes for truuconfessions.com and Athens Parent Magazine.
Goodreads Page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6150699.Kaitlin_Bevis
Facebook Event- https://www.facebook.com/events/454293378013644/