Saturday, November 15, 2014

Review: FOR THE WIN by Amber Garza


London Miller has one best friend.

Words. 

She lives in the pages of the books she reads, preferring the safety of fictional worlds over the dark and scary reality of her own life. Books aren't her escape...they're her salvation. 

Cooper Montgomery has one true love. 

Baseball. 

When he's on the mound, throwing a pitch, the darkness of his world fades away. The game is something he can control, something he can count on. 

A twist of fate brings London and Cooper together, a curve ball that forces them both outside of their comfort zones. As they spend time together, a relationship begins to blossom and both of them start to believe that there just might be something bright and beautiful in their lives.
However, the game changes when your heart is on the line. You have to play with everything you have for the win. 

Review:
I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book but about halfway through I had an inclination of what was going to happen. I usually don't read books that contain such situations because for some reason I handle a movie better than a book with certain things and this was one of them.But by the time I realized it I was invested into the characters and I couldn't stop reading.I'm glad I decided to read it through. I love these two characters. It's rare chance you find some who knows just what you are feeling inside because they feel it too. Cooper saw it in London's eyes,they were connected in a way but how do let someone in when you kept people out for so long.They both must decide if they are going to jump in with both feet and give love a chance.However,when you love someone there is always a chance of loosing that love in one way or another.Now can these two teens who have lost so much overcome the hurdle thrown in their path and hold on to hope despite the outcome.

Goodreads/ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment