Friday, October 26, 2018

Broken Arrow Tour


Broken Arrow
Azaria M.J. Durant
(Darkened Destiny Saga #1)
Publication date: July 29th 2018
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
An ancient power long kept dormant stirs in the shadows once more as one boy embarks on a quest to earn his freedom and the freedom of his world!
Magic has turned to myth, the Vaelhyreans of old to legend, and the power wielded by the ancients has long been forgotten. However, with Ealdred, a mere half-breed slave boy, myth becomes real, the forgotten remembered, and the power of legend is reborn within him.
Ealdred is merged into a world of mystery, brimming with deceit, where the remaining Vaelhyreans are in a desperate fight for their very survival. When Ealdred is kidnapped by the power-mongering dark lord Zeldek himself, he must make a choice; tocommit his newfound magic to Zeldek’s service or die. But when he meets Bellator, clever yet treacherous servant of Zeldek, an alternative is presented to him: to escape from Zeldek’s stronghold and embark on a quest to find a cursed arrow and free the Vaelhyreans from the spell that keeps their powers at bay.
Yet how can he survive in a world where magic is illegal, half-breeds are hated, and the four countries are on the brink of war?

Guest Post Top 5 favourite childhood memories.


1. Ice skating with my dad for my birthday. When I was a kid, I had this dream of being an ice dancer. I’d already done some ballet, but I’d never gone ice skating before. So on my birthday that year, I asked my dad if he could take me. It took some convincing, but he finally agreed, and the week after my birthday, we went ice skating. The snow hadn’t fallen yet that year (my birthday is the first week of December), but I remember it being really cold anyways. On the way we stopped at Tim Hortons. I tried mint tea for the first time, and really loved it. We got there, and I put on my skates, and got onto the ice. And promptly fell. My dad helped me get up, and taught me how to skate. It was the best hour of my life. I glided on the slick ice. A lady came by and said she had never seen someone learn as fast as I had. I was so puffed up with pride that I got a bit cocky, and fell flat on my back, smashing my head on the ice.  I felt sick and dizzy after that, but I only sat down for a minute before I was up again and skating. This time I was a bit more careful, and when it was time to go home, I’d had the time of my life. Unfortunately, I’ve never gone ice skating again. And besides, right after that I discovered that writing was my calling.

2. Sword-fighting with my siblings. Having a lot of siblings means having a lot of opponents to practice your swordsmanship skills on. This was one of my favourite memories; playing outside all hours of the day living an intense battle between men and orcs, fighting both invisible and real foes, and winning glory and fame! One day I was a warrior princess who was renowned for her skill with the sword, the next I was an elf, and the next, a common village girl who rose above the rest and stopped an attack on her town. It was a lot of fun.

3. Staying up late for hours talking with my sisters about our stories. I’m the third oldest in a family of thirteen kids, smack dab between two girls. Growing up, we were each other’s best friends. We used to sit up for hours at night and talk about everything and nothing, laugh hysterically for hours, and then finally pass out long after midnight. That’s where a lot of story ideas happened.

4. Playing out stories with my sister, Tabitha. Much of my childhood was made up of playing make believe stories. My older sister grew bored of it, but Tabitha (the sister closest in age to me who also happens to be a writer now, and my best friend) was always there to play out the stories that I came up with.  Those were the best moments of my childhood, steeped in both of our wild and wacky imaginations.

5. Christmas. I’m really just a child at heart, so Christmas is still a big delight for me. But my parents really made Christmas magical with their own added traditions. There was a time when my parents woke us all up right after we’d gone to bed, and took us out into the van to drive around and look at all of the Christmas lights with some hot chocolate. Or the time my mom my mom filled a metal garbage can with sweets and kept it outside in the snow because we didn’t have room in the freezer for all of the chocolates and cookies she’d made. The tradition of putting up the tree on my birthday also really made me feel special. A lot of my best childhood memories are from the holiday season.


Author Bio:
Azaria M. J. Durant is a young, passionate writer of fantasy with plans to branch out into sci-fi and dystopian. She enjoys writing stories with action, adventure, unexpected plot twists, and fleshed out characters that challenge gender roles and expectations.
Azaria lives in Atlantic Canada with her family, cats, and dogs, and her big dreams to travel the world. In the moments when she isn’t writing, she is sketching concept art for her stories, participating in community theatre, or curled up with a good book and a bag of mint chocolates.

XBTBanner1

No comments:

Post a Comment