Welcome to the Blog Tour &Giveaway for Vigilant, the first book of The Night Guardians series by Sara Davison, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Series: The Night Guardians, Book 1
Author: Sara Davison
Publisher: Mountain Brook Ink
Release Date: June 1, 2019
Genre: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
Neglected by her parents for most of her life, Nicole Hunter keeps everyone, especially men, at arms’ length. So when Attorney Gage Kelly walks into the diner where she is waiting tables one evening, she fights her attraction to him with everything she has.
Gage and his brother Holden grew up in an abusive home, and Gage has baggage of his own. But the connection between him and Nicole is too strong to ignore, and Gage manages to convince them both that their relationship is worth the risk.
Then children begin disappearing in the night.
When Detective Daniel Grey starts to close in on the child snatcher, and enlists Nicole’s help, she faces her deepest fear. Everything and everyone she has clung to so tightly could be ripped from her, leaving her completely alone.
Except for one.
PURCHASE LINKS*: Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
Top Ten Bucket List
Most people’s bucket lists are either filled with breath-taking and exotic locations around the world that they would like to travel to, or adrenaline-pumping feats they would like to accomplish. My list is a little different. I’m a bit of an uneasy flier, since I’ve had a few white-knuckle experiences aboard airplanes, so long-distance flights aren’t terribly appealing. Although I do love a good road trip, the top ten items on my bucket list would be:
- Own a home in a beautiful, relaxing setting that would lend itself to hosting writing retreats, such as a cottage on a lake.
- Set up a second-hand bookstore and coffee shop, combining two of my absolute favourite things in the world.
- Travel to Ireland. Yes, I do realize that would require a fairly lengthy flight. However, this is one place I really do want to travel to one day. My husband Michael and I have been married twenty-three years, and it is definitely on our radar to celebrate our twenty-fifth anniversary with a trip to the Emerald Island.
- Make readers laugh. Although my books are fairly suspenseful and intense, I also love to weave humour throughout. I believe that in order to cope with the stresses and challenges of life we have to be able to laugh, and that we serve a God with a wonderful sense of humour.
- Make readers cry. I don’t actually want to upset my readers, but when I do get feedback that my stories made someone laugh and cry, nothing makes me happier as I know I have succeeded in making my characters so real to them that readers care so much about what happens to them. It touches me deeply to hear that people have been moved to that extent by my stories.
- Be read. This might sound like a bit of a no-brainer for an author, but it always surprises me that I have such a deep need for people to read my books. I don’t enjoy being in the spotlight and have no desire for fame. On top of that, putting my work out there is an incredibly nerve-wracking thing to do and makes me feel extremely vulnerable. However, I read a quote a few ago that said the writing process is a circle, and that until what is written is read by others, that circle is not complete. That helped me to understand why it is so important to me that others read my stories – it closes the circle for me and makes the process feel complete.
- Read to grandbabies. I am a few years away from becoming a grandmother as my kids are just in their mid to late teens, but I am really looking forward to that season of life. I plan to have a huge library of children’s books and to spend a lot of time reading to my grandchildren and hopefully instilling the love of story in them that has been such a huge and defining part of my own life.
- Compile the world’s best tickle trunk. Mr. Dress-up was a huge children’s show in Canada when I was growing up. I loved that show and watched it every day. The best part was when Mr. Dress-up would open up what he called his tickle trunk and pull out a costume to wear for whatever play he was putting on with his friends (who were puppets). I have been stocking my closet with costumes for a long time now, and hope to have a huge tickle trunk one day for my grandchildren to play with to inspire their imaginations and creativity.
- To have an impact. While fame has never been a huge goal of mine, I would love to know that my work has had an impact on at least one other person. I’ve always said that, as believers, our definition of success has to be different than the world’s. It’s not about recognition, awards, sales, or money, it’s about being obedient to write the stories God gives us to the best of our abilities and to put them out into the world so that God can use them to fulfil the purpose he has for them. If that purpose is for one person or a hundred thousand to read the story and be impacted by it, if it fulfils that purpose, then my career will have been a success.
- To daily be in the mainstream of God’s activity. I have a friend whose mother-in-law prays this request every single morning—that she would be in the mainstream of God’s activity for that day. As much as we have become a bit obsessed these days with figuring out God’s will for our lives, I’m pretty convinced that if I just pray that prayer every morning and then, with the help of the Holy Spirit, remain open to his leading and guidance that day, I will find myself in the centre of God’s will for my life, and there is nowhere I would rather be.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
CONNECT WITH SARA: Website | Facebook | Twitter
(1) winner will receive a copy of Vigilant and $25 Amazon Gift Card!
Be sure to check out each stop on the tour for more chances to win. Full tour schedule shown below. Giveaway will begin at midnight June 4, 2019 and last through 11:59 PM EST on June 17, 2019. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. Open to US/CAN residents!
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
*NOTE: This post contains affiliate links.